Reiki is derived from two Japanese words 'Rei', which means 'God's Wisdom', and Ki, which is 'life force energy'. This is basically a Japanese system developed for stress management and relaxation by a Japanese Buddhist Mikao Usui in 1922. Reiki is based on the principle that there is an invisible 'life force energy' flows within us, which keeps us alive. It is believed that the more will be the life force energy within an individual, the healthier he will be. Reiki technique follows five principles, which brings happiness and peace in mind and heals the body if applied. Those principles are:
· Just for today, I will not be angry.
· Just for today, I will not worry.
· Just for today, I will do my work honestly.
· Just for today, I will be kind to my Neighbor and every living thing.
· Just for today, I will give thanks for my many blessings.
The philosophy of reiki associates ones life with unconditional love. It tells that unconditional love brings harmony, peace and happiness in our life and helps us to connect with the inner self. Reiki is an effective method that helps in stimulating and restoring the flow of positive energy within an individual. Thus, it maintains a balance in all types of energy flowing in the body. This is based completely on natural system of healing which can be by anyone, at any place and time.
Reiki is one of the most versatile therapy which is enhances the physical, mental and spiritual aspects of an individual. Thus, this method is used for healing body, mind as well as spirit. Nothing is untouched with this method as it is a complete therapy in itself. It can treat various major and minor ailments and is frequently used in hospitals these days. Reiki helps in building personal relationships and stimulates a sense of intimacy and togetherness within an individual. It enhances the internal immunity of our body by reducing stress and increasing relaxation. Reiki treatment brings mental clarity and calmness in ones thought which helps us to adapt to various adverse situations in life. It avoids the sense of frustration, fear and anger within us. Some of the major benefits of reiki can be listed as:
· It helps in stress reduction and relaxation.
· It improves the immunity system.
· Reduces emotional stress and sorrow and gives a better sleep.
· It brings spiritual and mental clarity.
· It gives relief in pain and very effective during injury.
· It pumps up the confidence level on an individual.
· It cleans the internal body organs such as lungs, kidney, heart and liver and improves the circulatory system.
· It is very beneficial in the case of sinus, migraine, insomnia, asthma, arthritis, menopause and many more.
· It helps in reducing the side effects if carried out along with any other medical treatment.
Thus, reiki treatment makes us relaxes and tension free which helps in restoration of lost energy and stimulates the capability of natural healing system in our body. It opens the path of energy flow in our body, which helps us to deal with several stress and anxiety in a compatible manner.