Ayurvedic Treatment for Sugar
According to Ayurveda literature, diabetes is a metabolic kapha type of disorder in which moderate functioning of
agni (digestion) trigger high blood sugar. The main causes of raised sugar in blood are fat, urine, and Kapha that build
up due to foods, liquids, lifestyle and others.
Sugar is treated in Ayurvedic with a multiple approach in which change in food intake, life style, stress in yoga and
meditation, use of herbal and domestic spices in daily routine and medication through ayurvedic medicine are jointly
prescribed. Panchkarma is also used for eliminating the three doshas and balancing the five fundamental elements in the
Ayurvedic Remedies for Sugar Patients
- The bitter gourd is regarded as the best remedy for diabetes. Drink one tablespoon of bitter gourd juice daily to
reduce blood sugar levels in your blood and urine.
- Consume cooked bitter gourd in ghee for a period of three months. Your sugar level will drop drastically.
- Intake of one tablespoon of Indian gooseberry juice mixed with a cup of fresh bitter-gourd juice for a period of two
months in a day will enable the pancreas to secrete insulin.
- Consume a glass of water with 10 basel (tulsi) leaves, 10 neem leaves and 10 belpatras early morning on empty
- Mix and grind seeds of Fenugreek (100 gm), turmeric (50gm), and white pepper. Take one teaspoon of this powder
with a glass of milk twice daily.
- Put one cup of water into a copper vessel at night, and drink the water in the morning. This will improve your
digestion system that is the biggest cause of tridoshas.
- The most important herbs for tridoshas are shilajit, gudmar turmeric, neem, amalaki, guggul, and arjuna.
- Consume a glass of Juice of Rose apple (Eugenia Jambos, Linn., Jambu) or two tender leaves of Bilva (Aegle
Marmelos, Corr., Bael fruit) and Neem (Melia azadirachta, Ravipriya, or Indian Lilac) on empty stomach
- The regular intake of Jambu juice and bitter gourd juice once in day will keep you away from diabetes.
- A teaspoon of turmeric thrice in a day before a few minutes of meals will regulate the function of pancreases that
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of ground bay leaf and 1/2 teaspoon turmeric, mixed in 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel. Take the
mixture twice a day before lunch and dinner.
- Mix and grind Fenugreek (Methi) seeds (100 gm), turmeric (50gm), Dakhni Mirch (white pepper) and consume one
teaspoon of this powder with a glass of milk twice daily. You can also consume one teaspoon of overnight soaked
fenugreek seed in the morning.
- Include decoctions of triphala, fenugreek, musta, arjuna, sandalwood, lodhra, ajwan, gokshura, vidanga, guduchi,
haritaki, and chitrak. These may be taken with a small amount of ghee. Gudmar and shilajit are excellent.
- Amalaki Churna (500mg), Haldi Powder (Turmeric Powder) 500mg and Naag Bhasma (125mg) should be taken
with honey, twice in a day.
- Avoid sugar in any form - rice, potato, banana, cereals & fruits containing high percentage of sugar
- Include plenty of green vegetables, black gram, soy, fish etc.
- Avoid sleeping during daytime and smoking.