Home remedies for bronchitis
The condition of inflammation of the bronchi tube, that obstructs the air flow to the lungs, is called bronchitis. It is ccaused by the bacterial infection that triggers the allergic reaction in the body, In Ayurveda, Bronchitis is known by the name of Kasa Roga. Wheezing, coughing, chest tightness, chest congestion and breathlessness are the most common symptoms of bronchitis. Various factors such as poor nutrition, accumulation of toxins resulting in poor circulation, stress and poor lifestyle cause imbalance in the human body and reduce the immunity of the body to the virus or bacteria that causes bronchitis.
The excess of phlegm produced in the body is the chief cause for all the symptoms of bronchitis. Bronchitis is categorized in two types- acute bronchitis and chronic bronchitis. Acute bronchitis last for around three weeks and the patient feels symptoms like wheezing coughing and chest congestion.
Chronic bronchitis is a very serious condition and the person suffering from chronic bronchitis complains of shortness in breathing, excessive coughing, soreness in chest and in some cases even swollen ankles, chest pain and exhaustion.
Necessary remedies and precautions
In Ayurveda, there are simple homemade remedies for curing bronchitis. These remedies are easy to apply and do not require great expenses.
- Cigarette and alcohol are the biggest threat to the health. They trigger of the early signs of bronchitis. Lessen their consumption or quit them totally.
- Tulsi leaves have curative action towards bronchitis. Chew tulsi leaves in the morning. It helps reducing the inflammation of the bronchi, thus loosening up the windpipe and allowing free respiration.
- Vasa is a medical plant that is an excellent remedy for patients suffering from chronic bronchitis. Make a juice of the plant leaves, add honey and consume it.
- Do not consume sour food items like curd and tamarind. Such food products are harmful for the health of bronchitis patients.
- Do not undermine the importance of fresh fruits and vegetables. They help in cleaning the body internally and provide necessary nutrients.
- Linseeds are an excellent remedy for bronchitis. Add them into tea. A teaspoon of Gud to half a teaspoon of Saunth powder. Continue this practice for four weeks. It proves to be effective to cure bronchitis.
- Food rich in proteins, carbohydrates and fats should be avoided. Rice, potato and guava should not be consumed by bronchitis patient.
- To ensure your body remains hydrated, drink lots of water. Water also flushes away the germs and bacteria.
- Add a teaspoonful of turmeric powder to milk. It gives relief from the symptoms of bronchitis like cough, sore throat and common cold by clearing the mucus and improving immunity.
- One should also make a point to avoid mucus-forming food like sugar, butter and processed foods
- Herbal tea and ginger tea clear out the phlegm and has a soothing effect on throat.
- Mullein Tea has anti-inflammatory properties that heal the air passage area between the nose and the lungs. It decreases coughing and mucus and has Rejuvenation properties.
- Some natural herbs like rosemary, cinnamon, ginger, garlic and black myroblan work excellently to cure bronchitis.